Getting good photos at Taj Mahal is a tough task. However, this is not impossible. You simply need to be patient and a little creative while taking pictures. Here are some tips to help you get the perfect pictures:
1. Visit the Gates before Sunrise:
This is important. The Taj Mahal will make you happier if you reach the place early. The gates at the Taj are open at sunrise. It closes at sunset. Most people aren’t aware but the golden light at sunrise creates a mystical dreamlike setting on the white marble dome. You get beautiful pictures. Additionally, watching Taj Mahal bathed in a beautiful rosy glow will soothe your eyes.
2. Be the First to Arrive:
For the best photographs, be among the first few visitors of the day. With crowd increasing as day passes, it won’t be easier for you to get the kind of space you require to compose your pictures. Book a Taj Mahal tour by train and you will reach your destination a night before.
3. Try Out Different Perspectives:
One of the major aspects that make the Taj an architectural marvel is its symmetry of structure. It is just perfect for experimenting with varied angles. So it is good to try out varied perspectives when photographing at Taj Mahal.
4. Black and White:
You can try black and white for some Taj Mahal photos. When you shoot in monochrome, it simply enhances the overall appeal of stone monuments and structures. The pristine white marble makes the structure an extravaganza.
5. Experiment with the Monument’s Reflections:
It isn’t easy to get the kind of photos you wish to get here. It takes a little experiment, creativity and adventure to come up with something great. So play with reflections of monuments. The landscaping of gardens around this monument is one of the best things to be used to your advantage. You will get some impressive opportunities through gardens and water canals to experiment with reflections of the monument. Try to observe the reflections that cast in the water. This will let you know what appeals your eyes the most.
6. Let the People be a Part of it!:
Don’t be afraid to include people in your Taj Mahal photos. Although the crowds keep thronging, they don’t always spoil your photos? You can use people creatively. In fact, they will lend a sense of scale to the frame. Observe their movements and figure out some way to minimise their interference. Using people at your advantage will really help. For instance, you can take these people in the background and blur them afterwards.
7. Get Inspired:
Most people tend to rush to the main monument as soon as they reach the gate. However, this is not the only way to enjoy the Taj and getting the best photographs. Although the Taj is the hero, other elements of this structure also have their own character. It is possible that you might just spot an impressive detail at any corner of the structure or around it.
Don’t worry. You can take a selfie here. So if you really wish to, don’t shy away. Some of the places here will come out really well with a selfie. And it is certainly a memory worth posing for.
Photography Tips for the Best your Taj Mahal Photos at a Glance:
– Shoot really well. Think that it is your only chance to get pictured at the Taj!
– Visit the Taj Mahal gate prior to the sunrise.
– Do not forget to exploit the golden hour to its fullest.
– Focus on the human element at the Taj Mahal.
– Use canals and water ponds to play around with reflections of the monument.
– Trying different perspectives is a good idea. You need to focus on exploring the symmetry of the Taj.
– Trying out monochromes will help.
– Have a look around at every corner. You will surely get some interesting details and elements.
– Don’t get annoyed by people around you. You can use them to your advantage.
– Change light conditions and enjoy doing it.
– Do not ignore the vantage points on the outer side of the Taj Mahal complex.