The excitement of a trip often multiplies when we say, “Its a ROAD TRIP!”As Ralph Waldo Emerson said, “It’s not the Destination, It’s the journey.”Keeping that spirit in our hearts, we humans started embracing the idea of road trips. Yes, we do like the idea of staying at a fancy hotel or resort, looking at one of the wonders of the world, and shopping for souvenirs wherever we go.However, amidst everything, we often forget the beauty of nature that one can capture the most when one travels a long distance.When you take a road trip, your journey becomes the most interesting part of your vacation. Skipping this amazing part can be a major loss.Therefore, to help you find your next road trip destination, we have compiled a list of the 5 most beautiful journeys that can fill up your soul with nature, adventure and stunning picturesque beauty!
Road Trip Destinations For Your Next PlanWe believe every road trip has something new and unique for you to offer. So take a look at these 5 road trip ideas that you can plan next—
1. The Atlantic Ocean Road In NorwayAvery is connected to the mainland by the breathtaking, free Norwegian Atlantic Road, which travels through a number of tiny islands and islets.It was inaugurated in 1989 and provides breathtaking views of the untamed coastline, towering cliffs, and crashing waves.The road provides plenty of time to immerse oneself in the iconic road's natural beauty and rich heritage, and it can be traveled in four to five days by car.The main population centers in the county of Mre og Romsdal in Fjord, Norway, are Kristiansund, located about 30 kilometers to the southwest, and Molde, located 47 kilometers to the north. Amazing contrasts exist between a journey through a storm and a day of summer sun and foam.With its designated stops, hills, and picturesque vistas, the Atlantic Road provides a memorable experience. Eldhusya provides an elevated walking path for enjoying the outdoors.Fishing, snorkeling, and rib safaris are all available on boat trips at the Hholmen and Strmsholmen sea sports centers during the summer. Avery or Hustadvika accommodations also provide skipper-led fishing excursions.
2. Milan To Lake ComoA great place to start exploring Italy's stunning landscapes is Lake Como, which is only 32 miles from Milan.Driving to Lake Como from Milan is more time-consuming than taking the train but provides access to a wider range of activities, such as boat cruises and town exploration.In addition, the region is conveniently located only 32 miles from Milan, making it a great day trip for those traveling to Lombardy's capital.The "Golden Triangle" towns of Bellagio, Varenna, and Menaggio are the best places to visit on a day trip to Lake Como if you enjoy challenging driving.Turquoise waters, magnificent villas, breathtaking scenery, and charming villages can all be found in these towns.It is one of the easiest and most beautiful tourist trips to consider, especially if you only have one day.
3. The Leh Ladakh Road TripMany visitors to India choose to take the Leh Ladakh Road Trip rather than flying into Leh, choosing to depart from Delhi or Srinagar instead. Water streams, broken bridges, and snow-capped mountains are along the rocky roads.In most places, the Leh-Manali Highway has two lanes, but some sections are only one lane or one and a half lanes wide.Traveling for 7 to 10 days is ideal, but for those seeking a more leisurely experience, 15 days is ideal. It is advised to travel in a 4x4 SUV due to the possibility of damaging the vehicle or back on the arduous stretches. A great time to go biking or taking a jeep is during the summer, which lasts from April to June.The journey could be difficult due to the poor driving conditions. Many riders favor an alternative, less strenuous route through Srinagar to Sarchi and Upshi.
4. The Blue Ridge Parkway, USAThe Great Smoky Mountains National Park and Shenandoah National Park are connected by the Blue Ridge Parkway, a scenic route that runs 469 miles from Rockfish Gap, Virginia, to Cherokee, North Carolina.The parkway provides stunning views, quaint towns, abundant wildlife, and various outdoor activities. Since it might close due to weather, the park is best visited from May to October.Every turn on the parkway offers something new, and it is known for its scenic drive.Even though the drive can be finished in a single day, the stops add value and make it memorable. The emphasis of the itinerary is on wonderful hikes and charming small towns to discover.The most important thing to remember when using the parkway is to take it easy and stop if you see something interesting.The parkway is one of the best trips in the country, so take your time and enjoy everything it has to offer.
5. The North Coast 500 In ScotlandThe North Coast 500 (NC500), also referred to as Scotland's "Route 66," is a picturesque 516-mile (830-kilometer) drive that features breathtaking coastal views, untamed mountains, and amazing Highland roads.With its rocky northern coastline, white sand beaches, mountains, and remote fishing villages, this scenic route is one of the best road trips in the UK.The route, which departs from Inverness, circles the top of the British Isles, passing by John O'Groats, the most northerly point, and the Black Isle, Easter Ross, and Caithness.The route then turns south and travels through Sutherland and Wester Ross before returning to Inverness along the western coast.The months of April through October are ideal for traveling through Scotland's northern Highlands because they provide more lodging options, better weather, and longer daylight hours.The North Coast 500 is well known for its breathtaking scenery, making it a great place for outdoor enthusiasts.
Things That Prepare You For A Road TripLong road trips can be exciting and enjoyable but require careful preparation and a well-organized essentials pack.A well-kept, cozy, and fuel-efficient car is essential for long trips. Physical vehicle documentation is essential for safety, particularly when internet networks might not be accessible.Carry the necessary equipment for road trips, such as a playlist of your favorite songs, a DVD or podcast, video games, a journal, or videos of panoramic views.Prepare ahead of time with an emergency kit, medical kit, and comfortable attire when driving alone.Bring along enough food and water to stay hydrated. Plan your route so that you can pack for the conditions you might encounter on the road.In conclusion, long trips on scenic roads demand careful preparation, thoughtful packing, and a well-kept vehicle.