If you are in San Diego and craving a mouth-watering sandwich with salads to complement it, Urbane Cafe is at your service.
It all started in 2003, when Tom Holt, the owner of Urbane Cafe understood a missing part of the niche in the Ventura restaurant scene.
He was always dedicated to good food but his personal choice was a sandwich and salad. He believed that there are people like him who share the same choice. After doing his research he understood that every great sandwich is great because of its bread. Therefore he designed the cafe around the hearth oven.
His friend Pete offered to help him and they started working together to establish Urbane Cafe. While working they came up with a bread recipe that was meant to be soft, toothsome, and made right in front of the customers. His ideas did not stop there, he created a menu right after this discovery, which included very regular source ingredients like home-roasted meats, and crafted sauce that would bring a unique flavor.
In this article, I will be reviewing the Urbane Cafe, and also mention the entire menu along with its price. Stay tuned.
Urbane Cafe – Reviews
This place is practically the best place to have the best sandwich and salad. I have been reviewing restaurants and cafes for a long time now, but Urbane Cafe is one of those food places that have no negative reviews.
I swear! This cafe is so good in their service and making the best sandwiches, that people go there to lift their mood up, and literally, come out with a smiley face. The place is too good to be true.
The waitresses/waiters are very polite and interactive. They are quick with their services like taking orders, serving them as well as showing interest in how your life is going. In this busy world, tell me how many strangers ask you that?.
People are crazy for their turkey cranberry sandwich served with fresh salad. They also have an app that is super easy to handle and it provides the opportunity to earn points for a discount on the purchase once you are done reaching the purchase level.
Reviews have it that the Focaccia bread which has been known to people since ancient Romans is also made by Urbane Cafe but within 30 minutes.
The meat they serve is a fresh cut of natural, grilled, baked, roasted, and hormone-free. It gives the taste of tenderness and makes the meat juicy. There is nothing more fresh than freshly picked produce. People reviewed that Urbane Cafe made partners with the local food growers and suppliers.
Urban Cafe- Special Menu
Their menu card is proper enough to understand what they make and serve. They have nicely sectioned all the genres.
Under the “special menu” they serve Mediterranean chicken and salmon salad.
Under this section, they offer all sandwiches with Urbane house side salad.
- So Cal- roasted chicken, avocado, pepper jack cheese, lettuce, tomatillo salsa, and chipotle aioli.
- UC Banh Mi- Italian chicken, cucumber, cilantro, pickled carrots, jalapenos, red radish, pickled onion, and sweet chili aioli.
- Pesto and sundried tomato- marinated chicken, mozzarella cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, basil pesto, arugula, and veganaise.
- Cilantro Torta-marinated cilantro chicken, corn and black bean salsa, avocado, pepper jack cheese, tomatillo salsa, pickled onions, Fresno chilis, and chipotle aioli.
- Southwest- marinated southwest chicken, pepper jack cheese, corn, and black bean salsa, avocado, and chipotle aioli.
- Santa Maria BBQ- marinated BBQ chicken, cheddar cheese, Applewood-smoked bacon, reaching dressing, and apple coleslaw.
- Cranberry brie- roasted turkey, cranberry chutney, herb aioli, arugula, and French brie.
- Club- roasted turkey, avocado, cheddar cheese, lettuce, herb aioli, and applewood smoked bacon.
- The Californian- house marinated artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, lettuce, herb aioli, and avocado.
- Tofu Banh Mi- roasted tofu, pickled onions, pickled carrots, red radishes, cucumbers, and sweet chili aioli.
- Bella Portobello- marinated portobello mushroom, sun-dried tomatoes, vegenaise, balsamic dressing with mixed greens, mozzarella cheese, and basil pesto.
- Gourmet grilled cheese- cheddar, tomatillo salsa, avocado, gorgonzola, and pepper jack cheese.
- Tuna melt- tuna salad, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, lettuce, and pickled onions.
- BBQ tri-tip- marinated tri-tip steak, chipotle aioli, apple coleslaw, pepper jack cheese.
- Steak BLT- tri-tip steak, sun-dried tomatoes, applewood smoked bacon, caramelized onions, and an herb aioli.
In this section, they serve salads with freshly baked bread.
- The Ahi-sashimi grade seared ahi, feta cheese, Asian greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, red radishes, sesame seeds with Japanese chili dressing.
- Cilantro Chicken- marinade cilantro chicken, avocado, corn and bean salsa, leaf mix, mozzarella cheese, and cilantro dressing.
- Power Veggie- urbane green leaf mix, feta cheese, corn and black bean salsa, garbanzo beans, pecans, roasted carrots, edamame, with balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
- Santa Maria BBQ Chicken- roasted bbq chicken, smoked bacon, corn and black bean salsa, salad slaw mix, crumbled goat cheese, grape tomatoes, drizzle, blackberry bbq sauce, and chipotle ranch dressing.
- Keto Cobb- mixed green, hard-boiled egg, tomatoes, chopped greens, pickled onions, bacon, gorgonzola with blue cheese dressing.
- The Cafe- roasted chicken, avocado, mixed greens, pecans, pears, crumbled goat cheese, with balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
- Abbot’s Southwest- chopped salad mix, corn, and black bean salsa, sliced avocado, roasted carrots, diced jicama, abbot’s chorizo, feta cheese, and creamy chipotle dressing.
Under this section Urbane cafe offer
- Asian Fusion- brown rice, cabbage mix, red radish, cucumber, Fresno chilis, corn, sesame seeds, cilantro, pickles, cabbage, onion, and carrots, with Japanese dressing.
- Fiesta Bowl- organic brown rice, corn and black bean salsa, cabbage mix, pickled onion, avocado, Fresno chilies, red radish, feta cheese, smoky tomato salsa with cilantro.
In this section, they have to offer
- Soup Of the Day- regular soup.
- Soup of the day + side salad- soup served with a house side salad with balsamic vinaigrette.
This section has the kids menu, and kids enjoy a compact healthy sandwich.
- Turkey Sandwich- roasted turkey, sliced tomato, lettuce, cheddar cheese, and mayo.
- PB&J Sandwich- peanut butter and jelly.
- The Ben- bbq chicken and mozzarella cheese.
- Grilled Cheddar Cheese Sandwiches- cheddar cheese.
- Cheese Pizza- Mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce.
In this one they provide extra stuff, to make your day even more wonderful.
- House Side Salad.
- Substitute Soup For Salad.
- Substitute Fruit For Salad.
- Fire backed Focaccia Bread.
- Cookies, desserts, and chips.
- Soft drinks.
- Urbane cafe bottled water.
- Kids apple juice.
Urbane Cafe- Price
- The special menu costs 12 to 14 dollars.
- The sandwich section costs 12 to 14 dollars.
- The salads charge 8 to 14 dollars.
- The bowls cost 10 dollars.
- Soups charge 10 dollars.
- The kid’s menu charge6 to 8 dollars.
- The extras charge 2 dollars.
- The drink section charges 1 to 2 dollars.
Here you go with the total content on Urbane Cafe in San Diego. The cafe runs very well, and the people of that cafe strongly believe in Tom’s beliefs and respect him for that.
The place is very nice, clean, and has a good ambiance. Not pet-friendly though.
Leave a comment down in the comment section and share your experience with me. I would love to give you guys a reply.