Which dessert shares its name with a Korean food made with intestines?. You are probably frowning because you are unfamiliar with this question and also, INTESTINES! That is what your head is screaming right now. But let me tell you this is one of the viral questions in social media. Every culture has its own names to identify and introduce food. There are very rare food names that two cultures share, though the ingredients are absolutely different from each other. Most people might just leave this page after reading the word intestine, but it's not that gross as we all somewhat enjoy beef and pork. But yeah when one dish is desert and the other is spicy meat, it is kind of hard to guess. This article clears the doubts of those who are unable to understand or confused with the Korean food that shares its name with an American dessert.
Which Dessert Shares Its Name With A Korean Food Made With Intestines?The answer to this frequently asked question is SUNDAE for the question of Which Dessert Shares Its Name With A Korean Food Made With Intestines?. A Korean food made with intestines. The American way of pronouncing it is sun-day and the Korean way is soon-dae. One is a dessert in America and the other one is a blood sausage dish in Korea.
What Is A Sundae Dessert?Sundae is an ice cream dessert that is an American-origin dessert. Which is generally topped with syrups or sauce with some other ingredients like nuts and candies. There are stories that talk about the invention of Sundae, and most concluded by saying that this ice cream is the variation of the famous ice cream soda.
What Is A Soondae Dish?Sundae is a Korean dish that consists of a type of sausage or blood sausage. It is mainly street food that is very much popular in both North and South Korea. The food is made with the intestines of cows or pigs but it is a very unusual food for most foreigners. The Goryeo period (918-1392) which we call the intestine religious fervor, was the period where they started eating intestines and since then Korean people couldn’t let go of it.
How To Make Soondae Korean Blood Sausage?If you are a risk-taker and a taster, then this section is about making the Korean dish. Therefore you don't have to go somewhere and order it where people will cringe at you, rather you can simply follow the cooking process and taste it all by yourself.
- Take some rice, and soak it for 30 minutes, then rinse it with cold water until the water runs clear. Put the rice inside a cooker and place it in an oven, wait till it's done.
- While the rice gets cooked, clean the bought intestines with warm water. Pour it from one end and let it release from the other.
- Rinse the intestine with cold water and soak it with a salt solution for an hour.
- Tie each section of it with cotton strings so that it stays together during the soaking process.
- Soak the noodles in warm water and then chop them.
- Cut your fresh onions, toast sesame seeds till it turns golden brown.
- Cut garlic, ginger, da mortar, and pestle it all over the plate where your food will be served so that the flavor and odor stay as well as mix it with your intestine with some spice.
- Stuff the intestine with your stuffing, don't make it too tight or else it will be a mess, tie all the ends again after stuffing and leave them hanging outside the pot so they can let go steam during the boiling process.
- Now place the sausages inside the pot and cover it with saltwater. Boil it and then reduce the heat while simmering it down for 45 minutes before poking it with a toothpick without anything stuffing coming out.
- The sausage is finally ready to be served.